Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Interested in nonprofit organizations? Want hands-on experience in social science research? The Network for Nonprofit and Social Impact (NNSI) at Northwestern University is looking for multiple talented, smart, and passionate undergraduate students to join our team.
All students participate in weekly NNSI lab meetings to learn about other research projects and to learn more about social impact organizing.
Research Assistant responsibilities:
Students will work on grant-funded research projects. Some possible tasks include:
- Conducting interviews with organizational leaders about their organization and networks.
- Data cleaning: to both code and structure the dataset at different levels.
- Conducting descriptive analysis: to use R to run descriptive analysis (you’ll learn R with us)
- Writing reports: to translate our preliminary research findings in a white paper/reports for local communities that are participating in the research project.
- Writing literature reviews and creating annotated bibliographies for academic articles.
Strategic communication intern responsibilities include:
- Writing a weekly blog about NNSI research, relevant social impact news, and NNSI personnel.
- Coordinating undergraduate and graduate student research assistants to write an additional blog, twice a month.
- Publishing a monthly e-newsletter, using mail chimp, to our extensive nonprofit leader e-mail list.
- Creating new content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Updating the NNSI website and electronic sign in the Frances Searle building.