NOW HIRING FOR JANUARY 2022 START – NNSI RESEARCH ASSISTANT AND STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION INTERNS
NNSI is now hiring research assistants and strategic communication interns for a January 2022 start. If you are interested, please send an e-mail explaining what you hope to learn from this experience and a resume to shumate[at]northwestern.edu no later than November 19, 2021. Interviews will be conducted, via zoom, the week of November 29.
NNSI RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Students will work on grant-funded research projects. Some possible tasks include:
- Conducting interviews with organizational leaders about their organization and networks.
- Data cleaning: to both code and structure the dataset at different levels.
- Conducting descriptive analysis: to use R to run descriptive analysis (you’ll learn R with us)
- Writing reports: to translate our preliminary research findings in a white paper/reports for local communities participating in the research project.
- Writing literature reviews and creating annotated bibliographies for academic articles.
How we work:
- The positions pay $15/hr, and we ask that you commit to a minimum of 2 quarters. We ask that you commit a minimum of 8 hours a week to the job, though we can accommodate up to 16 hours per week.
- We meet weekly to do professional development training about social impact and research. You’ll learn a lot.
- You’ll find a community of like-minded people – we have up to ten research assistants, including other undergraduates and Ph.D. students working together.
- You’ll learn how to do research, how to write more effectively, and how to get research noticed.
STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION INTERN
The Network for Nonprofit and Social Impact (NNSI) is looking for two strategic communication interns for the remainder of the 2021-2022 academic year. This intern will gain valuable experience writing and creating media for various NNSI outlets aimed at nonprofit and civic leaders, policymakers, and undergraduate students. Responsibilities include:
- Writing a weekly blog about NNSI research, relevant social impact news, and NNSI personnel
- Publishing a monthly e-newsletter, using Zoho Campaigns, to our extensive nonprofit leader e-mail list.
- Created automated drip e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Creating new content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn profiles.
- Updating the NNSI website and electronic sign in the Frances Searle building.
Successful candidates will be self-starters and champions for NNSI communications. Students should have some experience writing for a general audience. Students with a background in journalism, IMC, or the strategic and organizational communication module from Communication Studies are preferred. Students are paid $15/hr and are expected to work 8 hours per week. Students may work remotely. In addition, students will attend weekly NNSI team meetings.