2019-2020 Strategic Communication Intern
The Network for Nonprofit and Social Impact (NNSI) is looking for a strategic communication intern for the 2019-2020 academic year. This intern will gain valuable experience writing and creating media for a variety of NNSI outlets, aimed at nonprofit and civic leaders, policymakers, and undergraduate students. Responsibilities include:
- Writing a weekly blog about NNSI research, relevant social impact news, and NNSI personnel.
- Coordinating undergraduate and graduate student research assistants to write an additional blog, twice a month.
- Publishing a monthly e-newsletter, using mail chimp, to our extensive nonprofit leader e-mail list.
- Creating new content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn profiles.
- Updating the NNSI website and electronic sign in the Frances Searle building.
Successful candidates will be self-starters and champions for NNSI communications. Students should have some experience writing for a general audience. Students with a background in journalism, IMC, or the strategic and organizational communication module from Communication Studies are preferred. Students are paid $15/hr and are expected to work 8 hours per week. Students may work remotely but should plan to spend at least 4 hours a week in the NNSI lab, where we provide access to the full adobe suite. In addition, students will meet directly with Prof. Michelle Shumate every other week to report on their progress.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Prof. Michelle Shumate (shumate [at] northwestern.edu) by September 13. We will interview candidates in the first week of class (September 16-20) and select a candidate at the end of the week.