NNSI Research Associates ($5000 in research support)
The NNSI Research Associates are a cross-disciplinary, research-based community of scholars dedicated to the study of interorganizational network activity in response to social problems. The goals of the NNSI Research Associates programs are:
- To encourage innovative solutions to wide-reaching social problems
- To scale up nonprofit research
- To disseminate related research among scholars and practitioners
Who can apply: We are actively seeking to collaborate with and support academic researchers, including graduate students, post-docs, and academic faculty, in new projects of interest. Research should be related to NNSI core themes, including, but not limited to:
- Nonprofit and cross-sector networks
- Coalition building in response to social problems.
- Program implementation and outcome evaluation in the social sector.
Expectations. NNSI research associates are expected to present at least one lecture at a speaker event and contribute one working paper to an upcoming NNSI working paper series.
Awards. Awards are distributed on a reimbursement basis following NU policies on documentation and records. If there are major outlays (such as for international flights), arrangements can be made for NNSI to pay these directly.
Deadline: Applications are due September 1, 2017. Term: ½ year or full year; 2 associates per year and all can be external (non-Northwestern). Applicants should submit a cover letter (not more than 2 pages) describing a possible project of interest and attach a current CV.